Gurugram fire: Over 500 huts destroyed in the massive blaze.


The cause of the fire, which erupted is suspected to be an electrical short-circuit.
Last night, a huge fire broke out in Gurugram's Nathupur village.
This massive fire-affected over 700 huts, completely taking out 500 huts. It took over five hours for the fire department to control the massive blaze. 

The fire department was quick to the rescue, getting to the spot as soon as the call came up. They hurriedly evacuated the residents from the huts.
So far, no casualties or injuries have been reported, although, there's been property damage to the 500 or so huts that came in the way of fire. 

As per news reports, the fire officials received a call about the fire at 2.08 am.  

It's suspected that this incident was caused by a short-circuit in an illegal electric supply. This fire then spread rapidly to other huts, and soon the entire area of huts was covered with flames. 

The assistant divisional fire safety officer, S. Kashyap said in a statement that around 15 firefighters from the Sector-29 fire station, Udyog Vihar fire station, Sector-37 fire station, Bhim Nagar fire station, and from the DLF had rushed to the spot. and brought the situation under control in five hours. 

His statement to the news read, "Teams of fire personnel were deployed in the fire-fighting and evacuation operations. Most probably the incident was caused by an electric short-circuit," Kashyap told IANS.  

"There was some property loss to residents but no death or injuries were caused. The residents are daily wage laborers working at building construction sites," Kashyap said. 

He added, "Timely rescue operation led by the fire personnel saved hundreds of lives. It is expected that hundreds of people having to live in illegal huts erected by local residents on 4-5-acre land at Nathupur village for the last several years. These two-story huts are covered with plastic covers, tarpaulin sheets, wood, and bamboo. These materials were another reason for the fire to spread across the area very rapidly."

Post a Comment